Dr. Siddhartha Gogia
K-2, Model Town III,
Presently working as Consultant in Department of Neonatology & Pediatrics at Max Hospital, Gurgaon.
Visiting Consultant Pediatrician at Rockland Hospital, Qutab Institutional Area, Delhi
Clinic at 408, Galleria Tower, DLF Galleria, Gurgaon.
Clinic: 11.30 am to 1.30 pm and 4 pm to 8 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
Max Hospital: 2 pm to 4 pm and 6 pm to 8 pm (Wednesday and Friday)
Tel. 9899977935 (Clinic)
Worked as Consultant in Department of Neonatology & Pediatrics at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science & Research, Qutab Institutional Area, Delhi from April 2006 to January 2010
·MD (Pediatrics) from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
·Submitted thesis entitled: “Clinical Profile of Patients with Ring Lesion in CT Cranium and Response of These Ring Lesions to Albendazole Therapy”
·Scored seventh rank in All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Examination (1999).
·Scored second rank in UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination
·Working as a review author in “Cochrane Neonatal Review Group” and “Cochrane Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group”http://www.cochrane.org/
·Won the gold medal for best research paper at NEOCON 2004 (Chandigarh) for paper titled ‘Essential Newborn Care Practices in Home Deliveries’.
RESEARCH PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS
- Gogia S, Sachdev HS. Zinc supplementation for mental and motor development in children. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 12. Art. No.: CD007991. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007991.pub2.Click here for PDF
- Gogia S, Sachdev HS. Vitamin A supplementation for the prevention of morbidity and mortality in infants six months of age or less. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011, Issue 10. Art. No.: CD007480. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007480.pub2.PDF
- Gogia S, Ramji S, Gupta P, Gera T, Shah D, Mathew JL et al. Community Based Newborn Care: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Evidence: UNICEF-PHFI Series on Newborn and Child Health, India. Indian Pediatrics 2011:48;537-546 PDF
- Mathew JL, Patwari AK, Gupta P, Shah D, Gera T, Gogia S et al. Acute Respiratory Infection and Pneumonia in India: A Systematic Review of Literature for Advocacy and Action: UNICEF-PHFI Series on Newborn and Child Health, India. Indian Pediatrics 2011:48;191-218 PDF
- Mathew JL, Shah D, Gera T, Gogia S, Mohan P, Panda R et al. UNICEF-PHFI Series on Newborn and Child Health, India: Methodology for Systematic Reviews on Child Health Priorities for Advocacy and Action. Indian Pediatrics 2011:48;183-9 PDF
- Gogia S, Sachdev HS. Maternal postpartum vitamin A supplementation for the prevention of mortality and morbidity in infancy: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials . International Journal of Epidemiology 2010; doi: 10.1093/ije/dyq080 PDF
- Gogia S, Sachdev HS. Home visits by community health workers to prevent neonatal deaths in developing countries: a systematic review. Bulletin of the World Health Organization; Research Article DOI: 10.2471/BLT.09.069369 PDF
- Gogia S, Sachdev HPS. Neonatal Vitamin A Supplementation for the Prevention of Mortality and Morbidity in Infancy: Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials. BMJ. 2009 Mar 27;338:b919. doi: 10.1136/bmj.b919. PDF
- Garg P, Gogia S. Reducing neonatal mortality in developing countries: low-cost interventions are the key determinants. J Perinatol. 2009 Jan;29(1):74-5
- Rajeshwari K, Gogia S. The clinical spectrum of chronic liver disease in children presenting to a tertiary level teaching hospital in New Delhi. Trop Doct. 2008 Apr;38(2):101-2 PDF
- Bhutta ZA, Ahmed T, Black RE, Cousens S, Dewey K, Giugliani E et al. Maternal and Child Undernutrition Study Group. What works? Interventions for maternal and child undernutrition and survival. Lancet. 2008 Feb 2;371(9610):417-40. Review.
- Gogia S, Talukdar B, Choudhury V et al.Neurocysticercosis in Children: Clinical Findings and Response to Albendazole Therapy in a Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Trial in Newly Diagnosed Cases. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2003 Jul-Aug;97(4):416-21 PDF
- Kapoor S, Hortnagel K, Gogia S et al.Pantothenate Kinase Associated Neurodegeneration (Hallervorden Spatz syndrome). Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Mar;72(3):261-3. PDF
- Kapoor S, Gogia S, Paul R et al.Albright’s Hereditary Osteodystrophy.Indian J Pediatr. 2006 Feb;73(2):153-6. PDF
- Nagpal J, Gogia S. Racecadotril.Indian Pediatr. 2004 Dec;41(12):1218-24. PDF
- Choudhury P, Gogia S. Nutrition Issues in Adolescence. In: Bhave SY, editor. Bhave`s Textbook of Adolescent Medicine. New Delhi: JB Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2006
- Choudhury P, Gogia S. Congenital Diseases of Respiratory System. In: Arora VK, Arora R, editors. Practical Approach to Respiratory Diseases. New Delhi: JB Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2005
- Choudhury P, Gogia S. Role of Zinc in Nutrition. In: Sachdev A, Dutta AK, editors. Advances in Pediatrics. New Delhi: JB Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2006
- Choudhury P, Gogia S. Management of Protein Energy Malnutrition. In: Sachdev A, Dutta AK, editors. Advances in Pediatrics. New Delhi: JB Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2006
INTERNATIONAL PAPER PRESENTATIONS/WORKSHOPS
1.Paper entitled “Neonatal Vitamin A Supplementation for the Prevention of Mortality and Morbidity in Infancy: Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials” presented at Micronutrient Forum meeting in Beijing, May 2009.
2.Paper entitled “Postpartum Maternal Vitamin A Supplementation for the Prevention of Mortality and Morbidity in Infancy: Systematic Review of Randomized Controlled Trials” poster presented at Micronutrient Forum meeting in Beijing, May 2009.
3.Attended the Cochrane Protocol Development Workshop, 25-27 June 2007 Christian Medical College Vellore.
4.Attended the Workshop on Completing a Cochrane Systematic Review, November 12-14, 2007, Christian Medical College, Vellore; successfully followed by becoming a member of the Cochrane “Neonatal Review Group” and Cochrane “Developmental, Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group”.
5.Presented a project entitled “Relationship of Biochemical and Genetic Markers of Iron Overload and Placental Oxidative Stress to Maternal and Neonatal Health Consequences” in the “National Brainstorming Meeting of Department of Biotechnology” 2007.
6.Prepared a document entitled “Epidemiology of Vitamin B12 and Folate deficiency in Indian Women and Children” for Department of Biotechnology and ICMR.
7.Paper entitled ‘Search Engines and PubMed for Retrieving Medical Information’ presented in the Conference of the Computer and Medical Education Group (CMEG) at Gwalior (2005).